If you're thinking of buying your first home, forever home or are ready to sell your current home? Don't go it alone! Melanson Real Estate is one of the oldest and most respected firms in town. Our experts know the Lakes Region and will assist you every step of the way, from showing to closing. We provide the care and personal service you deserve from day one to minimize surprises and make your buying and selling experience as stress free as possible. Call or stop-in today to speak with one of our experts!
Real Estate Market Statistics
We want our furry friends to be happy in our new homes too! Here's some fun information about how pet ownership plays a part in the home buying process. The experts at Melanson Real Estate can help you and your pets find the home that is just perfect for all of you. Contact us today!
Have you outgrown your home? Or has your home outgrown your household? Fewer and fewer families expect to stay in their first or second home for the long haul. Here are some factors to determine if you're financially and emotionally ready to sell your home.
1. Growing or shrinking household - Are you about to welcome a new baby or take in aging parents? Maybe you're sending your youngest off to college. In any event, if your living space has become too cramped or grown beyond your needs, it may be time to make a move.
2. Plenty of home equity - Subtract the value of your home from the amount you have left on your loan. What's left over is the equity; or the amount you'll have after the sale. Following the sale, you'll be a buyer again, so having funds to put down is key.
3. Interest from potential buyers - You'll want to list when you know buyers are looking. Some experts say late spring is the ideal time to sell, but peak seasons vary by region. Milder weather can increase buyer interest, but that also means more competition from other sellers.
4. Changing circumstances - Location matters. Whether your neighborhood dynamics are changing, you're unhappy with the schools in your area or a new job significantly increases your commute, your community needs to fit your lifestyle.
5. Home improvements - Renovations may be a wise investment, but it's best to avoid listing your home in the middle of a project. If you plan to sell your home as is, completing some minor home updates like new paint and fixtures can be a huge selling point.
Moving is a big decision, one that requires careful consideration. If your needs have changed since you bought your home, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Winter is still upon us, but it's still a great time to sell and we are actively seeking new listings! Here at Melanson Real Estate you'll receive the care and personal service that you deserve from the first consultation all the way through to the closing. Our agents attend all showings and are here to make selling your property as stress free as possible. If you've been thinking about putting your property on the market, don't wait! We handle it all from single family and vacation homes to commercial properties and land. Let our experts use their years of experience in the industry to work for you! Conveniently located on Main Street and available to meet all of your real estate needs. Call, stop-in or email our agents today to see what we can do for you!
Happy New Year! Let's take a look back at Carroll County's 2017 Real Estate Market Statistics.
In 2017 1,192 single-family residential homes were sold in Carroll County. That's a 4% increase from the previous year's total of 1,146. The median home price showed an 8.2% increase at $230,000 over a price of $212,625 in 2016. The average days on the market for homes sold was 100 days, down 29% from the previous year's average of 140. Here's how Carroll County compares to the statewide statistics.
Statewide 2017 saw a total of 17,733 single-family residential homes sold with an increase of .6% over the previous year's total of 17,623. Median home price was $266,000, up 6.5% from $249,800 the previous year. Average days on the market was 68 days, down 18% from the previous year's 83 days.
Visit nhar.org for additional information regarding real estate marketing statistics by county.
The real estate market in Carroll County is continuing it's trend of steady growth into 2018. Let our experts assist you in getting the highest price for your home in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of difficulty. Experience the care and personal service of one of the oldest and most respected firms in town.
*Market statistics provided by New England Real Estate Network/NHAR